Wednesday, November 25, 2015

'Whals in the Woods: We Process

Okay, before we get rolling on this post, I had to find a way to share the music we played. I'm always a big fan of listening to the music while reading ceremony posts. I had a bit of a hurdle finding the song I walked down the aisle to, and have come up with an alternative solution of embedding an 8tracks playlist. The first song my bridal party walked down the aisle to was Walk Quietly by one of our favourite artists (and my personal favourite) Trevor Hall. Spoiler alert - we played three of his songs during the ceremony! They were just the exact vibe we wanted to share. The second song on the playlist, which I walked down the aisle to was Head Over Feet covered by Vitamin String Quartet. This was a surprise to Mr. Narwhal, and every time I listen to this version, it gives me major chills. So hit play and listen as you read along. :) There are a few other random songs afterwards that I had to add in order to complete the playlist. 



The guests were all seated and the ceremony was about to begin. We were all gathered at the bottom of the hill and Walk Quietly started playing. First, the boys walked my mom down (or up) the aisle, followed by BM Megs and Nelson, and then the rest of the ladies.

MOH Cass was the last to walk up the hill, and once she reached the end of the aisle, the song switched over to Head Over Feet. Meanwhile, it was only my dad and I left at the bottom of the hill and I started to cry. All of the emotions of the day all came rushing over me. I had been waiting for this moment with my dad long before Mr. Narwhal ever came along and I couldn't have imagined a better person at the end of the aisle waiting for me. An aisle we literally created together after many months of work.  I always thought my dad would be the one to get me crying as we walked down the aisle, but in the end it was me. By the time I made it to the guests I was smiling ear to ear, and pretty much stayed that way the entire ceremony.

At the end of the aisle we exchanged hugs with my my parents, and then it was time for the ceremony to begin.

All photos captured by Isos Photography




and now, you should switch to the next song ;)



Getting the tears out of my system




I am so in love with the next picture








Miss something?
The Day Before
The Rehearsal Breakfast
The Bridal Party Gets Ready

No comments:

Post a Comment