Monday, November 9, 2015

Whal's in the Woods: The Race for Best Man

Ahh a day in the life of the groom's side. With showers and suits to throw on, there isn't much time needed for the boys to get ready. 

The lead up to the wedding day was quite competitive for the boys. With an open spot for the best man and seven guys in the running, the day was alternatively spent with a race for the best man. 

Now I will never know how exactly it all went down, but I do know it involved ax throwing (no, I'm not kidding) and an epic match of rock paper scissors. Apparently it got quite intense and came down to the two brothers, GM Jer and GM Duffy.  I wasn't allowed to know who was the final winner until the ceremony, which I was so excited about. And, after months of saying I wouldn't look at anyone but the best man as I walked down the aisle, I totally forgot to look until minutes into the ceremony when I leaned to the side to see Mr. Narwhal's best friend GM Duffy standing there. It still brings a smile to my face when I think about it (and stay tuned for some really touching photos during the ceremony!).

There isn't much to be said for the boys getting ready. They drank beer. They watched baseball. They smoked cigars. They put their boutonnieres on all wonky. So, let's just look at the pictures :) 


GM PB, GM Bro, GM Coach, GM D and GM Tre

GM Coach and Mr. Narwhal getting ready

GM Bro helping Mr. Narwhal with his boutonniere 

GM PB, GM Bro, GM Tre, Mr. Narwhal, GM Jer, GM Coach, GM D and GM Duffy


Watching the Jay's Game #priorities



GM Duffy, GM T and GM Jer
Up next, it's time for our first look!


Miss something?
The Day Before
The Rehearsal Breakfast
The Bridal Party Gets Ready

No comments:

Post a Comment