Monday, August 10, 2015

One Year of Planning

One year ago today Mr. Narwhal proposed. There is something about the full cycle of one year that always puts me into a state of reflection.


All photos personal, unless otherwise noted. 



Mr. Narwhal and I have never been the anniversary types.We always agreed to wait until it was a wedding anniversary. But, I can't help but feel all of the mushy sappy feelings today because it's been one full year of preparing for the important day of our relationship.

It's been a wonderful season of our lives. We've definitely hit that point of being over the planning and ready for the marrying.

I don't know what it is, but almost being there is causing a sudden influx of a full range of emotions, and yesterday it hit us both that this whole thing is actually almost past us, and we'll be on the other side of it all and finally married.

While Mr. Narwhal has been referring to me as his wife for well over a year now, the fact that I will actually be his wife is giving me all of the feelings.

So, one year into this planning thing. It's been one heck of a whirlwind!

We've done a whole lot of planning and preparations.

photo courtesy of isos photography


One engagement photo session. 
One full day of dress shopping. 
A couple of hours suit shopping. 
2309 decisions made (okay, I'm exaggerating, but I am seriously over decision-making!).
One Stag and Doe.
One bridal shower.
One crazy epic Bachelor party camping weekend*.
Five visits from a machine.



Twelve loads of sand and fill brought in.
Countless hours of planning.
42 photo wood blocks completed.
Six signs made (a few more to go there).
Hours and hours of help from friends and family.
A few hiccups and hurdles.
Endlessly full hearts.
Nine vendors secured.
Fourteen people invited to be part of our wedding party. 
87 invitations sent. 


Two rings being made.
One wedding license acquired.
One ceremony written and ready.
130 guests (and 15 children) coming to join us. 
One honeymoon waiting. 


and that's only part of the story! It's been a lot of work, but in a few short weeks, I get to marry my very best friend in the entire world. All of the love, sweat and tears put into this day has been worth it all.

We're ready**.

*My Bachelorette is this weekend!
** In the emotional sense, the list is still mighty long!

No comments:

Post a Comment