Monday, May 25, 2015

Invitation Inspiration

Our invitations were the first big project I started when we began wedding planning. It wasn't too long after we got engaged that I sat down and designed a preliminary suite. After a solid draft, I closed the file and didn't open it up again until around February. The final pieces came together last month when I ordered our details card (after sorting out the details). Over a few weeks and small assembly sessions, things were mostly organized, and so on Victoria Day I finally sat down and finished assembling and addressing them in an eight hour time block (and Friends marathon).

Before I get to our actual invitations (I know, cruel), I wanted to back up to some inspiration. To be quite honest, I didn't really look at too many invitation suites to gather my inspiration. I was largely inspired by Mrs. Wallaby's suite, and a few different options on Etsy.

in love with the Wallaby suite //  Image by Mrs. Wallaby 

Tuscan Inspired Greenery Suite / Etsy Shop: ShannonKirsten


Floral and Fauna Suite / Etsy Shop: Splash of Silver

Shabby Chic Suite / Etsy Shop: Splash of Silver

It was actually the above invitation that set the tone for the entire thing to come together. We came up with our own spin on the wording and followed a soft watercolour vibe (our own spin on Mrs. Wallaby's and the third photo).

With some solid inspiration, I pulled together a suite I'm really pleased with (I use I in this, because Mr. Narwhal nodded his head in approval and helped with some return address stamping in the process).

Most of our guests have received our invitations, and we've received some rather colourful (positive) responses to them already. And, the best compliment of all (that we've received from many), "They're so you guys." You know you've always achieved success when you hear that.

So, next up - the grand reveal. Oh, how I've been looking forward to this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment